Hi, and welcome to our blog! Since getting married, so much has already happened! We hope this will be a good way to keep in touch with our many family members and friends across the globe!

Monday, December 19, 2011

I'm an automated woman! This is a big update!

MY CAR HAS ARRIVED!  AND I CAN DRIVE IT!!

It is official!  My car has arrived and I am a legal German driver!  I took my driving test today and passed!  By one...but who is really counting, ha?  It was pretty nerve-racking but I went through the class, had an extra chance to study, and then took the test.  There was another guy in there who was taking it for the second time who failed again....I'm just glad that wasn't me!  After I passed the test I had to go "hurry up and wait" for my car.  It was taking too long so we ended up just going back home because we were going to meet up with Cameron's friends (one who has known him since he was born) in Würzburg. 
Also this week, Cameron and I got temporary stockings and were able to send off our Christmas gifts to our families.  We had a lot of fun wrapping them...well, Cameron did.  So family, when you get your gifts, don't be alarmed by the "wonderful" wrap job he did, hehe!  
Let's see, what else happened?  I've been getting more confident about my minimum skills in the kitchen!  The website "Pinterest" has got me wanting to try so many different things, so we tried a loaded baked potato soup recipe, which turned out pretty good!  We also went to the grocery store to buy food for our Christmas feast that just the two of us will have.  That 8 lb ham is going to last a loooong time!  I can't believe Christmas is in less than a week.  We're both pretty bummed to be spending this time of year away from our families and our family traditions and numerous get-togethers, but we're glad to at least have each other.  It'll be our first married Christmas, which is really exciting, considering he'll be deployed this time next year.  Right now we've only got a few gifts under the tree (which are all for him!) but tomorrow we are venturing out to Grafenwöhr to do some more shopping at their huge PX!  
Oh, before I forget!  HOW TO MAKE A COMMENT:
*click on "# comments", type comment, click veroffentlichen*


And now, a few pictures!

In Wurzburg!

Getting ready to make my potato soup!

Our tree and our stockings!

Putting the topper on, just like at home.  Cameron is standing in for my dad.

Our little family!  :]

I look crazy, BUT that is my temporary DRIVER'S LICENSE!!  Yay!
One of these days, Cameron is gonna write a post!

No comments:

Post a Comment