Hi, and welcome to our blog! Since getting married, so much has already happened! We hope this will be a good way to keep in touch with our many family members and friends across the globe!

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Fears Conquered

Well, I'm nearing the end of my three-week-boredom-fest that is field training for Cameron and I have to tell you.....it wasn't that boring!  I made a lot of new friends and I did so many things!  So in a way, I'm glad he was away because it forced me out of my comfort zone!  Most of you probably don't think of me as a shy person but upon first meeting someone, I am--which usually leaves me with not as many friends.  Meh.  However, I tried not to be awkward and weird and "give it all I got", and I wound up with some pretty awesome new friends!  This is the time to be making friendships and establishing bonds with other ladies in my same boat!  We'll all need each other for support throughout this upcoming deployment! 
Speaking of, these last three weeks have really tested me and I think have given me a little bit more confidence in myself that I'll be able to take care of things when Cameron is gone.  I certainly conquered some fears...especially my fear of hair!  And I know I have long hair and you would think it wouldn't bother me but--BLEH!--it does!  Because of this wonderful little furry dog of mine, EVERYTHING I own is covered in hair.  So I took these past three weeks as a time to "de-hair-ify" my home...however, we don't own a real vacuum.  We have all tile floors with a few rugs here and here.  We didn't think we'd need a full size vacuum.  WRONG!  Anyway, hair is gross, and I don't like it.  But I had to get rid of it.  Off the rugs, out of my bed, and out of the shower drain.  Talk about gross.  I won't tho.  I also took out the trash (which I NEVER do.  I'd rather do dishes 100% of the time!) and killed bugs!  Riley ate the bugs so I didn't have to pick them up.  What a good little pup!  These are things I would normally not do because they are gross, and boys are gross and are supposed to handle gross things.  Doing it myself kinda empowered me a little.  I know they are little things but it's a step in the right direction, ha. 
I also turned a whole year older while he was away!  And got a tan, and dyed my hair darker.  I'm a whole new woman!  I hope he likes this new older me!  Ha, and to think, I was 16 when we first got together!  BAH, so crazy!  For my birthday, I went shopping and bought a new bike!  This is my present from Cameron, or so I told him.  At least it's better than a CD that I already had, wrapped in the bag it came in (no, I will never let him live that down)!  I also get the chance to celebrate my birthday again on my "fake birthday" on April 1st.  Out of the seven birthdays we've now had, he's been there for TWO!  So I changed it.  Plus, Riley's birthday is April 1st!  My little baby puppy is turning 1 soon!  Awwwwwwww!  And you better believe I'm throwing him a party!
I don't remember where I was going with this update, but hey, it's something, ha.  It's getting late here, and I need to go to bed!  I get to see Cameron tomorrow, and I don't want to have sleepy eyes!

my precious :]

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update--steeling yourself to do all those things really shows character!
    J&JS

    ReplyDelete